Monday, May 1, 2017

Week 97

Snowing and knocking
But then a sunny day!

Trying to keep the washer stable for studies

So branch life is a little different because you can get acquainted with people a little quicker which helps when you don't have a lot of time left. The youth we are working with - we're already best friends and they are totally awesome - stoked they we were all at church. I also had a talk yesterday at church and it really is the first one I've given since I was in Tromsø. Back then I had to write out my whole talk, so it was nice to go with the flow this time around - considering I can actually kind of speak Norwegian fluently now. :)

So today is Norwegian Labor Day which means that everything is closed, but that's just how it goes. Last night everyone went hard (Norwegian tradition) so we heard all the bumping going down from the hifi speakers and stuff. Haha talk about in the world, but not of the world. I would say that is exactly what Norway is, but I love it. I actually did have a super scary realization the other day, that I am one day going to leave Norway and that is not ok. I love it here so much. It just feels like my home now and I don't know what I'm going to do without the all the quirks and stuff that it holds. Like putting sour cream and brown cheese on waffles and having rush hour around 2pm. So I'm going (nyte) is the Norwegian word, but I think enjoy is the English word, but it's just not quite strong enough. Maybe savor? Whatever - I'm going to nyte my last few weeks here. I love it here in Hamar too. 

We have an appointment with a connection from Drammen - got to love the connections you have all around Norway - the benefit of a small country. 

We did some Sunday school teaching too - I anticipate I will be talking and doing more in church than I have in other areas and I'm good with that. 

Even though my time is coming to an end - I'm not giving up quite yet!!! Got to love each day!!

Have an awesome week
J


No comments:

Post a Comment