Monday, September 19, 2016

Week 65


65, whoah. So the primary kids here all seem to know my name (even the ones I don't talk to too often) which is really fun. They always say "Hoopes" and then proceed to tell me about how their soccer game went. Super cute.

We helped someone move this week. Actually a family from Bergen that I knew from when I was there, so it was fun to talk to them. It is really nice because in Norway everyone is on top of things. We carried the boxes, but I am a packing master. I often get asked how I'm so good at it. I tell them that every Saturday since I was 14 I helped my dad move people until I left for college. 

Government talk is actually really popular here. You can imagine with the elections. Everyone is really scared what's going to happen and they ask us about it and we have no clue so we feel out of place on it, but I have gotten really into Norwegian policies and by "into it" I mean I know who the leaders of the parties are. Ha ha. 

This week was pretty good. It was way fast and I don't have many pictures because we were just everywhere! Wow, I'm out of shape, though. So one of the members owns the local grocery store and at closing they gave us all the baked goods and stuff so we kind of just started eating. Eating 5 heft rolls in 20 minutes was not my best idea. It's a good time to be alive. How sad that our mission problems are holding back and working on self control but isn't that life?

We knocked doors again. Our approach this week was more natural and kind of weird to us and them, but in a real life situation was way normal. Certain people we would go up and just ask them about their day and they would be all confused why we rang their doorbell to ask them about their day. But then we would ask about their flowers or the color of their house or something like that and work it into what we were doing. We knocked on a Polish man's door and after talking to him, he wasn't too interested but then when it was time for us to leave I asked him his name and it was way Polish so I asked him to spell it and he walked back into his house to find pen and paper to spell it for us. Of course, being a missionary I followed promptly behind him - ha ha. Good stuff.

Sunday is moves call already - hoping nothing changes since Elder Cole and I are getting along way well. 

Have a great week!!




No comments:

Post a Comment