Monday, July 18, 2016

Week 56


We decided to walk home from the city

Just making our way home through the forest

So we did a little bit of teaching this week. Had some good lessons, especially with one guy from Ghana. He's been in Norway for 10 years, so basically Norwegian. Way cool guy and we have played with him on his soccer team, we will be meeting up with him again this week.

We have gotten really good at painting and moving for service. Glad I have the experience and so I know how it's supposed to be done. Elder Hadley and I basically always have normal clothes with us so that whenever the opportunity presents itself we can hop in our normal clothes, move boxes and change without going back home. I wish I could say without breaking a sweat, but I have learned I get quite sweaty.

It's been raining all week. And not like rain and stop and then the ground is wet. It's like "okay we are just going to rain for the next 156 years and then after the world runs out of water, then we will stop raining." Ahh, but yanno I can't complain too much because I am in Bergen. But they do have a word in Norwegian that has been very useful the past week. "Gjennomvåt" which means through wet. Yes, a word to describe how wet you are because someone dumped a bucket on you. But like I said, best city ever, can't complain.

Our week was kind of slow but we were still able to teach some good lessons and avoid standing in the rain too much. Unfortunately, my rain jacket is coming apart pretty good so that is a sad thing. So my white shirt is pretty damp most of the time but I will hopefully be able to hold out and soon it will be cold enough to where I can break out my winter coat and then I will never be cold or wet again (until I get banished to the north, of course.)

Zone conference is usually week 4 (except of course last one because we had an area authority visit) so that will be next week. Crazy how it is already like halfway through the transfer. Sometimes I have no idea where the time goes and other times I know exactly where it goes. I think they're going to do it a little different this time so it will only be the zone leaders coming here, so I won't see Daly this transfer for the first time since last October.

I will be taking my driving test here in Bergen before I leave so that should be awesome and interesting. The rumor is that no one passes their test here. Yeah, but most people aren't Californian drivers ;)

Quote of the week from Hadley "You drive like you're from California." Yes, yes I do thank you very much.

Love and have a great week :)



No comments:

Post a Comment