Monday, May 9, 2016

Week 46


This week went by pretty fast being the first week of May and it's already the 9th! Crazy but I was able to break out the shorts today for P-day, would never have thought that would happen, in fact I almost didn't even bring them but I guess I'm glad I did. 

Tuesday we had an american dinner with a member and her brother who are both from Brooklyn - so cool.

Exciting thing, tho, just barely a lady came and knocked on the church (we are at the church to email) and was asking us some questions and stuff and asking us about the church building. Then after she asked us where I was from and I said the U.S. she was like "no, you sound like you're from Iceland" ICELAND? ARE YOU KIDDING ME, THAT'S LIKE IN SCANDINAVIA. Wow, I didn't think anyone has ever felt this good after being called Icelandic but hey I will take what I can get.

Wednesday and Thursday we were in Stavanger and went on splits with Daly and Gingrich so that was great. In Norway on the 5th of May or whatever the first Thursday in May is, it's Christ Ascension Day back into heaven, so it's a day Norway takes off. 

Friday was pretty average but Saturday we were invited by one of our investigators to go play soccer with him and his buddies down at the field, but when we got there it turned out it was a full on match. So Elder Messer got to play on a Ghanaian team against an Ethiopian team and it was sweet. I was supposed to go in the second half but we had to be somewhere so we had to bounce. Probably for the better though, since I have lost all balance, skill, speed, agility, anything. Oh what a sad mess that I have become.

Sunday we got to Skype - and it was such a nice day and oh so beautiful. Love to you all.

J

From Mom:
We got to Skype with Elder Hoopes and it was so awesome to see his smiling face and laugh and tell stories. He's happy and healthy and we even got to hear him speak a little Norwegian. 








No comments:

Post a Comment