Monday, January 11, 2016

January 11, 2016

A member from The Philippines (shout out to Ryan Cook)


So it got down to -17C this week. Yeah, that's kind of cold and plus wind chill it was about -25C. You can do some math in your head or on your phone but just know it was cold. The more and more I live in Europe the more and more I appreciate the metric system, Celsius and all that jazz. Yet, I still can't tell you how tall I am in centimeters. But even through the cold, I made it without a jacket!!! Woo. I know I know swallow my pride and buy one but I think I'm okay.

I might spend another transfer here - wooooo power duo lives on. Wow, that would be amazing but also got to be prepared if I don't. Ahh, it's great with Elder Daly. We kind of just get people and can really understand the needs of the members and investigators.

Also got two baptismal dates so that's way sweet. Up to three. One is from Nepal, one from India and another from Ethiopia. Love teaching in English - ha ha.

The city got dumped on by snow and we contacted for like 4 hours the other day in it. But it makes it a little more exciting. We do have a lot of people cancel on us for "bad weather", like come on I come from South OC (got to say it in the most Californian accent) and I'm doing fine. People always are shocked that we walk around in the snow and cold and talk about Jesus. Just being a missionary. Time is flying, i would say that makes for a fun mission. We are for sure making the most out of it and nothing is holding us back. 

Also saw Cars the movie in Norwegian.(sometimes we can watch a Disney movie) The first line Lightning McQueen says is "Jeg er Fart" which is hilarious because it sounds like he's saying I am fart. Woo - still know I'm five years old and that nothing has changed in that department.

All is well, love you guys.
J


(Our snowscaped apartment lookout)

No comments:

Post a Comment