Monday, December 21, 2015

December 21, 2015


What what it's Christmas week??? So stoked finally! And it also means I start my sister mission soon (18 months). It went fast, kind of slow and kind of all of the above. 

Wow Holland killed it with the chalk walk art. Elder Daly when he saw the picture was like "wow, why is your sister so talented?" I also loved the missionary flag art that Sister Carr and Sister Merrifield did - so glad I'm not forgotten. Just yet ;)

Well we had eight appointments cancel in three days. A new record for us. Wow we just got thrashed, but that's Norway for Christmas. Most of the time that doesn't happen, but with Christmas in the air people think they have way more important things to do than talk to two kids who barely know Norwegian (ha ha funny story we don't have one Norwegian investigator, funny how that works.) But then again in my mission call is doesn't say I'm preaching to Norwegians, it says I'm preaching in Norway. 

Our Christmas tree looks great and we finally had some snow so that's cool! It was -9 C at the beginning of the week, snowed a little, stopped and now it's like 7 C. So that's a big change. Today is the longest night of the year so that's fun. About 21 hours of darkness, but right now it's light. By the time you read this though, darkness will be upon me.

Things are fine, I'm going to get fat this week with how much we are being fed. Norwegians stretch out Christmas to like 10 days. Can't wait to talk! 

(Yes some of the pics are blurry, but whatever I'm not an expert)

J



No comments:

Post a Comment