Monday, November 30, 2015

November 30, 2015


We had a kusli thanksgiving. It was pretty nice and I got to eat a ton of food so that's always good. Life is pretty good here, but weird not having Elder Skoien, especially since he was the master teacher. So now we are just left to the power duo with me and Elder Daly. We are doing great though. We gutted the apartment on Friday and found some stuff that had been in that apartment since the 70's. 

For Thanksgiving we met this guy named Brian who is from America and President told us to go help him. Turns out he was having some physical ailments and went to the doctor and they gave him a bunch of Norwegian stuff. He called his mom and his mom called their lawyer who happened to be Mormon. He called Pres and we got the call that Tuesday morning. We went over to the Raddisson and helped him get the right appointments and stuff because they were all in Norwegian. We then went to a burger place and departed ways. We invited him to Thanksgiving and then he came over!! He was way cool and so thankful for our help. Kind of funny because we will respond faster to any call than anyone else. As long as it's from 6:30am to 10:30 pm. A minute after that and you're out of luck.

So thankful for you guys. Really when it comes down to it, it doesn't matter if you're a rich man or a poor man as long as you have your family you're essentially loaded. 

That's about it besides having a beautiful clean apartment and the magical Christmas wonders of Norway happening here. Wow, am├Ązing. I hope I stay for another transfer, but we will see. There's a good chance but with a mission of only 84 missionaries you never know.

I also ripped my pants twice more. i don't even know how but, yeah, it's a thing. So we were about to hit up a ferry to take it to a member's home for some din din but the sisters wanted to take pictures on the beautiful pier. And I'm like "well hey I'm beautiful so we should take pictures." So we're taking pictures and I think it's a good idea to pick up my companion so I squat down to get him and as soon as I do that I hear a huge kshshshshsh or whatever sound pants make as they rip. The rip was huge! All the way. The sisters were dying laughing. So then I had to wear Sister J's very girly jacket for the rest of the night, but hey! There's a girl in the ward who sews my pants on the daily. 

If people ever ask about me, just say I'm doing great, a little cold, a little tired, and not a bit bored because only boring people are bored. Ha ha.

Love ya,
Eldste Hoopes

The last legendary trio pic


No comments:

Post a Comment