Monday, August 24, 2015

August 24, 2015

(Jackson with two members of the branch whose birthdays were also this week)


So this week was swell, but a little slow. So life is good. We had church yesterday and we wheeled the fisherman up and down the hill once more, he's a jolly guy once you can understand him. 

Mostly we go searching for people in the area who are on our list but don't come to church, so far no luck. I"m really thinking we're here so we can strengthen the members and keep them going strong. Unfortunately we don't get much time this week because we are going to Bergen on Wednesday for a conference. That should be pretty cool.

Haven't seen the night time in a month so that's weird but I'm told it is coming soon. And when that comes it means winter so we are just embracing for that.

Norwegian is okay, a little rough but it comes and comes and comes.

My birthday was yesterday and it was nice. Thanks for all the wishes from everyone and I have for sure felt the love. Kind of weird having a birthday out here, we didn't do much. We went to church and looked for some people but just when I thought all was over and we were heading to church to drop some stuff off the sisters surprised me and had a little set up going. It was super nice and we had some Norwegian waffles (with sour cream and jam, it's real good.) So that was nice and I for sure do not feel 19. It's just another number but I feel a little closer to the big 2-0 where I'm not a teenager. 

Have a good week and thanks for all.

Love ya lots, Eldste Hoopes

No comments:

Post a Comment