Wednesday, July 29, 2015

July 29, 2015

A long week this one has been. We have just been reviewing so it kinda feels like we're stuck in reverse. Pretty sure that's a song, if not contact Taylor Swift and get it done.

Angels look like they are stacked, glad they're spending more money than they need, but that's sweet that the Red Sox are paying for Victorino's contract. I assume he'll be out in left.

Yeah Jeppson and I got along real well and him and another elder who is also going to Denmark got really close and they're both going to BYU after the mission so that'll be good to have more homies in Provo.

Wow it feels good to say I've been here 6 weeks. On P-day Elder Killpack and I stand at the curb with a cream soda and watch these young men and women get ripped from their families as they ball their eyes out. I'm kinda glad I had Chris drop me off. It's so entertaining to watch though. Because they are being separated from their families for a whole 2 years without being able to touch them again. The worst is seeing the girl missionaries being dropped off. Usually the mom cries and siblings cry but with the girls you can see the dad keep on his sunglasses because he sees his precious little girl leave and no man can hold back those tears. I couldn't even imagine.

Got the ties and the Cherry cola tic tacs. THOSE THINGS ARE BOMB. I love them so much. At first I was like these things are okay, they're just cherry but then as soon as i bit into them I was like WOAH Cola!

I leave on Monday. I am so stoked you have no idea. And from what the weather says it's been raining for the past two years basically, so I am so stoked. I love the rain and the cold especially when I get to layer up in winter clothes. Kinda looking like James Bond and such. But instead of a gun we have a killer message that will convert others to come unto Christ. Wow that was a terrible analogy but what do you expect when I'm locked up learning a language.

Yesterday I learned the average elder only serves in about 4-5 places in Norway. Which is way lower than I expected. So the first place I go to will be my home for quite some time. There is this place in the north called Bodo. It's kinda awesome because it sounds like Greedo from Star Wars. Our teacher did impersonations of the different dialects and some of them are absolutely incredible. You know I'm going to have the best time imitating them and becoming a true native. So then I can come back and go, yes, I did fit in while I was in Norway and it was fantastic.

Unfortunately I don't know if I will be able to email next week because when you're in your mission they're usually on Mondays and I won't be getting to Norway until Tuesday. It will be a long week. Oh man it's getting way more real. But I am so ready to go. I get teachers and others coming up to me and telling me about how my language sounds really fluid even if it isn't the correct grammar.

One thing that I have learned is that the gift of tongues is way more than just being able to speak the language. It's about speaking in the way that the people will be perceptive to you. Anyone can speak the language fluently but I truly believe it takes a special gift to be able to talk to different people in different ways. Everyone is totally different and if you talk to everyone the same it may work on 1 out of 100 people. That doesn't do any good. That's why some people like some movies and others don't. Because people receive everything differently. You are trying to get 100 out of 100 people. So I talk to everyone individually. Cater to their needs. This is one thing I think I will be quite effective at because I can read people and understand their problems. It is so much more than just speaking. You gotta preach baby preach.

Quote of the week: "The past is in the past, that is unchanging. But the future is where the imagination lies, for the possibilities are endless and the creativity is everlasting." --Me

Elder Jeppson and Jackson 

No comments:

Post a Comment